Saturday, July 20, 2013

Arthur Bryant's- Kansas City, Missouri

Arthur Bryant's has been in Kansas City for a long time. It's the place that everyone tells you to go to when you're in Kansas City. Despite its relatively low Zagat review(24) it was one of the best(if not the best) barbecue restaurant I have ever been too. I never thought I could say I like Kansas City BBQ better than Texas BBQ, but this was excellent. The sauce on the ribs, was unlike any sauce in Texas. It's a tomatoey-vinegary sauce, that compliments the ribs and burnt ends perfectly. The burnt ends were the best I've ever tasted and I would definitely recommend getting them. They were smothered in the sauce, which I thought meant that they were low quality, but I was definitely wrong. The ribs were better that almost any in Texas(I think that Baby Back Shaq in Oak Cliff has the best), but they were different. They weren't fall off the bone, but weren't super chewy either. They were the perfect balance. The brisket was kind of dry, and very thin, without any bark. It was almost like a sandwich meat so I wouldn't recommend getting it. Overall, I give Arthur Bryant's ****
Line
Menu
Meat Platter-From Left to Right; Beef, Ribs, Burnt Ends.


No comments:

Post a Comment