Monday, September 16, 2013

Snow's BBQ

     When I arrived at Snow's BBQ, I was shocked by the small line at around 11:30. It's the highest ranked BBQ restaurant that isn't filled with "tourists". The majority of the people in Snow's are from Lexington, with a few people from Austin, and even fewer from out of state. We were lucky that they still had meat when we got there, so I recommend getting there before 11:00. It's served cafeteria style, and I ordered their famous brisket, that had been ranked best in the state by many sources.  
The brisket had excellent smokey flavor, and the fat on the outer edges was delicious. It was medium thickness, but that didn't affect the incredible taste at all. It was different than a lot of the brisket I've tried in that there was a lot of fat near the crust. I also tried the sausage, which was good, but probably would have been better if I had not tried the great brisket first. It was nice speaking to the locals inside the restaurant. Most were shocked by the idea that we had traveled three hours just for barbecue! Overall Snow's had really good barbecue,  a really great atmosphere, and was definitely worth the trip! ****

No comments:

Post a Comment